Helloo!
I'm Katie Alice and this is my blog (so far- I'm a newbie!). With this blog I am aiming to inspire and motivate (hopefully) young people to live the most fulfilling life possible and to be the best version of themselves . I will be discussing and dealing with teenage current affairs using past experiences, friend's stories and research. I also hope to post some reviews of popular teenage books and articles, along with some images/photographs that i really love and hope that you will love too. I hope to whoever is reading this that you enjoy what i write about or at least find it slightly interesting (maybe). Comments/ criticisms/ opinions greatly valued!!

xxx

Tuesday 3 March 2015

My Week Away

Hello everyone!!

I realise that I haven't done a blog post in a while...I honestly did not mean for it to be so long but I was overloaded with coursework then I was away during the half term and also had to revise for mock exams! However I am back now and will be posting more regularly (hopefully everyday Tuesday) from now on!

So this post is just a short overview of my week in Devon during my half term with some photos that I took which I hope you enjoy!





















During the week we mainly drove around Devon in the car looking at different areas because we are moving there this year so the whole point in the trip was to find a location that we all like. But as it would be extremely boring to read a post where I write about everywhere I went and everything I did, I thought I'd tell you about the places I found most interesting and exciting.


First of all...





We were staying on a farm and the people who owned the farm had taken in four little orphan lambs who were the smallest of the litter and so were rejected by their mothers :( But the farm took them in and they had to be bottle fed every morning and evening. The lovely lady who owned the farm let us bottle feed the lambs for the week which was actually the most adorable, sweetest experience ever and put me off ever wanting to eat lamb again. They soon began to recognise us and made 'baa' noises while running up to the gate when we'd walk past!



Me and my family also visited a Donkey Sanctuary in Sidmouth which surprisingly was free and we could just walk in and visit all the Donkeys who were rescued and restored back to good health. It's unbelievable to think that their work relies on public donations and volunteers, so if you want to donate or just visit the website here is the link! http://www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk



We also took a lovely walk along Sidmouth Coast and got an ice cream (yes, double scoop in my case) as it was a lovely bright, sunny day. We went into some on the small boutiques and independent shops which was lovely.













 So that is my short summery of my week in Devon, I think if I had written about everything I did you would be sat here reading this post all day! I hope this was an interesting read and that you enjoyed the photos, I apologise sincerely for my photo-placement-skills as I haven't yet mastered this ability!!!

Thank you for reading if you got this far!!

Lots of love,
Katie
XOX



















No comments:

Post a Comment